Sunday, June 21, 2009

URBAN LEGEND

Thank you for your posting.COMMENT 1 on The Murphia
Dangerous???
No, I'd say these guys are all cowards.
I will never publish a name, unless I am asked by the the writer to use their name.
But, I do need an email to contact each writer in private so I can check their sources. Have to check the validitiy of everything I put on my Blogs.

Over the years of working in the school system I’ve been told of mob involvement in the school bus drivers union and the bus companies themselves. There have been persistent rumors about the custodians union especially after their leader was gunned down a few years ago.

URBAN LEGEND
But "Fada Louie"? Hard to verify??? Here's all I know.

I was the computer expert at my school. I was often called out of class to repair computers at other schools and to attend advanced training sessions which were often held in the Bronx. An older teacher often covered some of my classes, and when I was headed to the Bronx he’d sometimes say, “Larry, say hello to Father Louie.”

I finally asked him who this Father Louie was and he told me about the Rev. Louis Gigante. He claimed he called the shots in what happened with District 75 and several other school districts in the Bronx. This teacher often would make remarks critical of Catholicism and different ethnic groups, so I took his assessment of this priest hard to believe.

However, when after I told a neighbor on Thompson Street that I had gotten an administrative position at the district office word spread through the neighborhood and several neighbors asked me if I knew who I was working for.

I’d mention the District Superintendent - “NO.”
The Chancellor??? and they’d say “NO”.
Who then? Each of them would say "The Chin"
Sometimes with a laugh, sometimes with a stern warning.


Somehow his connection with District 75 was well known in this area of Greenwich Village.

A school secretary was at a family event down Sullivan Street. Some relatives called her to the window saying: “Your boss is downstairs.”

She went to the window and looked down and there was Vincent Gigante in his bathrobe and slippers talking to himself.

I don’t know how this mob influence might also be connected to the Hibernians – except through the likes of people like Biaggi.

No comments:

Post a Comment